Australian specifications and pricing for the 2018 BMW 1 Series range have been confirmed. The BMW 1 Series LCI (Life Cycle Impulse) will be available in showrooms around Australia from September this year.
The updates to the interior include a revised instrument cluster to accommodate iDrive6 which is standard across the range, an unnecessary high-gloss black centre stack, new upholstery stitching and chrome electric window controls.
Customisation is extended with the inclusion of a wider array of trim finishers as well as Dakota leather upholstery available in a fine Cognac finish.
On the outside, LED Headlights are now standard across the range with the M140i featuring adaptive LEDs to take it a step further. The 120i Urban Line model gains new 17-inch light-alloy wheels with the M-Sport package adding two more 18-inch light-alloy wheel options to the list.
A total of 12 exterior paints are now available with Sunset Orange metallic added across the range and Seaside Blue metallic for 1 Series vehicles without the M Sport badging.
Engines have not been changed with the M140i featuring the top-of-the-line 3.0-litre turbocharged six-cylinder petrol engine, putting down 250kW and 500Nm, matched with either an eight-speed automatic or six-speed manual at no extra cost.
The 125i and 120i make do with a 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbo petrol, while the 118d is diesel powered. Each engine outputs 165kW, 135kW and 110kW respectively. 310Nm and 270Nm of torque come from the petrol engines and 320Nm is attributed to the diesel. Not to be forgotten is the 118i with a 1.5-litre three-cylinder turbo petrol engine developing 100kW/220Nm.
2018 BMW 1 Series standard specification highlights:
BMW 118i and 118d
- Sport Line
- 16-inch light-alloy wheels
- LED Headlights
- Eight-speed automatic transmission
- Navigation System Business with iDrive6 functionality
- Automatic climate control
- DAB+ radio capability
- Rear view camera
- Speed Limit Info
- Sports steering wheel
- Sports seats for driver and front passenger finished in cloth upholstery
- Rain-sensing wipers
- BMW ConnectedDrive suite with ConnectedDrive services, remote services, emergency e-call and Real-Time Traffic Information
- Driving Assistant
BMW 120i (in addition to 118i)
- Urban Line
- 17-inch light-alloy wheels
- LED fog lights
- Front and rear Park Distance Control
- Interior lights package
- Dakota leather upholstery
- Extended automatic climate control
- Interior mirror with anti-dazzle function
BMW 125i (in addition to 120i)
- M Sport Package with M Sport suspension
- 18-inch light-alloy wheels
- Exterior mirrors with anti-dazzle function
- M Sport brakes
- BMW Individual high-gloss Shadow Line exterior finish
- Navigation System Professional with 8.8-inch touch screen
- Cloth/Alcantara upholstery
- M leather steering wheel
- Eight-speed sports automatic transmission
- BMW Individual Anthracite roof liner
BMW M140i (in addition to 125i)
- 18-inch light-alloy wheels in Jet Black
- Adaptive M Suspension
- Adaptive LED headlights with BMW Selective Beam
- Comfort Access System
- Dakota leather upholstery
- Electric seat adjustment with memory function
- harman/kardon loudspeaker system
Innovations package for BMW 118i, 118d and 120i ($1,800 for all models)
Includes Navigation System Professional and the extended ConnectedDrive Concierge Service, enhanced Smartphone connectivity and in the 120i this package also adds the HiFi Loudspeaker audio system.
Driver’s Assistance Package for BMW 118i ($1,800), 118d ($1,800), 120i ($1,400) and 125i ($1,000)
Includes High-Beam Assist, Active Cruise with Stop & Go function, Parking Assistant, anti-dazzle interior and exterior mirror package as well as front and rear Park Distance Control.
Comfort Package for BMW 118i, 118d, 120i and 125i ($2,100 for all models)
Includes Comfort Access, electric seat adjustment with memory function, lumbar support and seat heating for the driver and front passenger.
2018 BMW 1 Series pricing (excluding on-road costs):
118i - $39,990
118d - $43,990
120i - $45,990
125i - $49,990
M140i - $59,990
More: All News