Updates for the expanded 2020 Mazda CX-8 SUV range have been announced headlined by the availability of a petrol engine for the first time.
Customers now have more choice with the line-up growing from three to eight variants with the introduction of Touring and GT grades.
Sport and Touring models are now offered with a 2.5-litre four-cylinder petrol engine developing 140kW and 252Nm matched to a six-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive.
The 140kW/450Nm 2.2-litre turbo-diesel engine is carried over, it’s also paired with a six-speed automatic with either front or all-wheel drive.
Thanks to the addition of the petrol engine, pricing now starts at $39,910 for the entry-level Sport model.
All variants now get an updated version of the brand’s Smart City Brake Support (autonomous emergency braking), a larger 8.0-inch infotainment screen (Mazda says the screen now utilises enlarged icons and text to offer better readability), additional damping material in the roof, a new key fob and fresh badging.
Stepping up to the Touring model adds black leather trim along with enhanced third-row functionality with a one-touch walk-in switch on the left and right seat cushion sides.
The new GT variant includes a remote-operated power tailgate, 19-inch alloy wheels, an electric sunroof and two 2.5A USB power points in the third row.
The range-topping Asaki model gets real wood trim inserts, front-seat ventilation and a 360-degree view monitor.
All-wheel drive models also feature the newly developed off-road traction assist function which can assist the driver by suppressing tyre spin and distributing the right amount of torque to the tyres that have grip.
Scroll below for a full run down of each grade’s equipment highlights.
2020 Mazda CX-8 pricing (excluding on-road costs):
Sport 2.5L Petrol FWD - $39,910
Sport 2.2L Diesel AWD - $46,910
Touring 2.5L Petrol FWD - $46,590
Touring 2.2L Diesel AWD - $53,590
GT 2.2L Diesel FWD - $57,900
GT 2.2L Diesel AWD - $61,900
Asaki 2.2L Diesel FWD - $61,440
Asaki 2.2L Diesel AWD - $65,440
2020 Mazda CX-8 equipment highlights:
- 17-inch steel wheels (Grey Metallic) with 225/65 tyres
- 8.0-inch MZD Connect infotainment touchscreen
- Active driving display
- Air-conditioning (three-zone climate control) with independent rear control
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- AM/FM tuner, Bluetooth capability, Digital radio (DAB+) and six-speakers
- Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)
- Electric parking brake with Auto Hold
- Headlamps (LED) with auto on/off function
- High Beam Control (HBC)
- Intelligent Speed Assistance (ISA)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Lane-keep Assist System (LAS)
- Leather-wrapped gear shift knob and steering wheel
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control (MRCC) with Stop & Go function
- Parking sensors (Rear)
- Power mirrors (body coloured with heating and auto-folding function)
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Rear seats with: Centre armrest
- Rear-view mirror with auto-dimming function
- Reverse camera
- Satellite navigation
- Seat trim: Black cloth
- Smart Brake Support (SBS)
- Smart City Brake Support [Forward/Reverse] (SCBSF/R)
- Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR)
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Wipers (front) 2-speed with rain-sensing function
CX-8 Touring adds
- LED fog lamps
- Advanced keyless entry
- Front seats with 6-way power adjustment (passenger), 8-way power adjustment (driver) and heating function
- One-touch walk-in switch
- Parking sensors (front)
- Rear seats with: Centre armrest storage and USB charging ports (2nd row)
- Leather seat trim
CX-8 GT adds
- 19-inch alloy wheels (Silver Metallic) with 225/55 tyres
- Adaptive Front-lighting System (AFS)
- Front seats with 2-position memory function (driver), 6-way power adjustment (passenger), 10-way power adjustment (driver) and heating function
- Glove box lid chrome knob
- LED signature with DRL
- Power sliding and tilt-glass sunroof
- Premium Bose 273-watt amplifier and 10 speakers (including subwoofer)
- Rear door window sunshade
- Rear seats with heating function (2nd row outer)
- Remote-operated power tailgate (open/close)
- Room/cargo lamps (LED)
- Side garnish (Bright)
- USB charging ports (3rd row)
- Vanity mirror lamps (LED)
CX-8 Asaki adds
- 360-degree View Monitor
- 7.0-inch TFT LCD multi-information meter display in the instrument cluster
- Adaptive LED Headlamps (ALH)
- Ambient lighting (LED)
- Chrome-plated power seat knob
- Frameless rear-view mirror
- Front seats with ventilation function
- Glove box illumination (LED)
- Heated steering wheel
- Real wood door and dashboard trim inserts
- Seat trim: Dark Russet or Pure White Nappa leather
- Unique 19-inch alloy wheels (Brilliant Dark) with 225/55 tyres
- Unique overhead console
- Unique steering wheel stitch
More: All News
More: 2020 Mazda CX-9 updates