Following last week’s global reveal, BMW Australia has announced pricing for the new M3 and M4 range ahead of a showroom arrival in the first quarter of 2021.
Pricing for the M3 and M4 starts at $144,900 and $149,900 plus on-road costs respectively, while the M3 Competition and M4 Competition variants are priced from $154,900 and $159,000 plus on-road costs respectively.
The ‘entry-level’ M3 and M4 3.0-litre twin-turbocharged inline-six producing 353kW of power and 550Nm of torque. It’s matched with a six-speed manual transmission that sends drive to the rear wheel.
BMW says the rear-drive manual cars can sprint from 0-100km/h in 4.1 seconds and hit 200km/h in 13.7 seconds.
M3 and M4 Competition models also use a 3.0-litre inline-six, however, it’s tuned to develop 375kW and 650Nm. Power is sent to the rear through an eight-speed torque converter automatic transmission.
With the additional power, the Competition models can dash to 100km/h from a standstill in 3.9 seconds and to 200km/h in 12.5 seconds.
Later next year, Competition models will be available with the option of BMW rear-biased xDrive all-wheel drive system that’s currently used in the M5 and M8.
Both the M3 and M4 get a stiffer chassis thanks to bracing elements for the engine compartment, a front axle subframe with an aluminium shear panel, underfloor bracing elements and a rear axle subframe with a rigid connection to the body.
Equipment highlights include the new BMW M Drive Professional system, which integrates M Track Mode, M Laptimer, 10-stage M Traction Control and an M Drift Analyser.
Adaptive M suspension with electronically-controlled dampers, a unique variable-ratio steering system and brakes, BMW Laserlight, a carbon-fibre-reinforced plastic roof, and mixed 19- and 20-inch wheels are also included as standard.
Scroll below for each grade’s equipment highlights and options.
The new M3 and M4 are available to order now with deliveries expected to commence in the first quarter of 2021.
2021 BMW M3 and M4 pricing (excludes on-road costs):
M3 – $144,900
M3 Competition – $154,900
M4 – $149,900
M4 Competition – $159,900
2021 BMW M3 and M4 equipment highlights:
M3 and M4
- Six-speed manual transmission
- Rear-wheel drive
- 19”/20” M forged wheels with performance tyres
- M Carbon Fibre roof
- M Compound Brakes in Blue with M lettering
- M Drive Professional
- Active M Differential
- Tyre pressure indicator
- Tyre repair kit
- Adaptive M Suspension
- Alarm system
- Comfort Access system
- Automatic tailgate operation
- BMW Laserlight
- High beam assistant
- BMW Individual Lights Shadow Line
- Interior and exterior mirror package
- Through loading system
- Storage compartment package
- M Sport Seats
- Seat adjustment, electric with memory for driver’s seat
- Lumbar support for driver and front passenger
- Seat heating for driver and front passenger
- M Seat belts
- Interior trim finishers ‘Carbon Fibre’ incl. carbon inserts in steering wheel
- Galvanic embellishers for controls
- Ambient light
- Automatic air conditioning
- Driving Assistant
- Parking Assistant Plus
- Head-Up Display
- Live Cockpit Professional
- ConnectedDrive services
- Connected Package Professional incl. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- DAB+ Digital Radio
- Harman / Kardon surround sound system
- Wireless smartphone charging
- Leather ‘Merino’ with extended contents
- Metallic paintwork
M3 Competition and M4 Competition add
- Comfort Access incl. BMW Digital Key
- Driving Assistant Professional
- Eight-speed M Steptronic transmission with Drivelogic
- Carbon gearshift paddles on steering wheel
- Full leather ‘Merino’ upholstery
M Carbon ceramic brakes, which deliver enhanced heat dissipation for high level racetrack performance ($16,500)
M Carbon exterior package, which includes carbon fibre front bumper, mirror caps, rear spoiler and diffuser ($9500)
Lightweight M Carbon bucket seats, which reduce weight by 9.6kg and feature a structure-based design and integral head restraints that can be dismantled for track driving ($7500)
M Carbon Package, which combines M Carbon bucket seats, M Carbon exterior package and M Carbon ceramic brakes ($26,000)
Track tyres: Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2+ or Pirelli P Zero Corsa+ ($2000)
BMW Individual paint finishes include Dravit Grey metallic, Tanzanite Blue metallic and Oxide Grey metallic ($2500)
BMW Individual Frozen Brilliant White metallic ($7000)
Frozen Portimao Blue metallic, Frozen Black metallic, Frozen Dark Grey and Frozen Orange metallic ($5000)
More: All News
More: BMW M3 Touring confirmed