For the purists amongst us, the 2017 Volkswagen Golf GTI is once again available in its original three door hatch form.
To coincide with the launch of the Golf GTI and Golf R as part of the renewed Golf 7.5 model line-up, 150 examples of the Volkswagen Golf GTI Performance Edition 1 will be released in August.
The first in a series of limited release GTI Performance variants, the Golf GTI Performance Edition 1 is expected to have a similar outcome to the Golf GTI 40 years which saw the 500 available cars rapidly sell out.
The Golf GTI Performance Edition 1 will be available in either White Silver or Dark Iron Blue metallic paint.
Key additional equipment above the 169kW GTI includes:
- 180kW/370Nm 2.0 TSI engine with 7 speed DSG
- Front Differential Lock and larger disc brakes
- 19" (Brescia) alloy wheels
- Honeycomb microfleece/Leatherette upholstery
- Premium LED tail lights with dynamic indicators
- Active Info Display
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Lane Assist
- Park Assist
- Dynamic Light Assist
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Traffic Alert
- Dark tinted rear and rear side windows
Each Golf GTI Performance Edition 1 will also come with a complimentary merchandise pack with sports bag, umbrella, cup, folding box and beach towel valued at $340.
Pricing for the Golf GTI Performance Edition 1, as well as for the entire renewed Golf 7.5 model line-up, will be announced soon.
Let’s start a Car Conversation, how much do you think the Golf GTI Performance Edition 1 will be available for?